- Students who have been sick should bring a medical certificate from their doctor on joining school. A copy of the certificate is to be submitted and signed in the school clinic for follow up.
- Parents should fill up the “record for non attendance” for each day the student is absent from school stating the reasons for absence.
- Students, who require medical attention during the school hours, may be sent by the teacher to the school clinic with a slip.
- No one who has been absent on the previous day will be admitted to the class without a letter from the parents addressed to the class teacher, stating the reasons for the absence.
- Leave for going out of station should be approved prior to proceeding on leave. In case of emergency- parents to inform the school and report to the class reps/ class teachers. They are not allowed to go to the classes directly.
- A student returning to school after suffering from infection or contagious disease, should produce a doctor’s certificate permitting him to do so. Students suffering from the following diseases must observe prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class.
- Chicken pox – Till complete falling of the scabs.
- Cholera – Till the child is completely well.
- Measles – Two weeks after the rash disappears.
- Mumps – Until the swelling has gone : about one month.
- Jaundice – Six weeks after recovery.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than 6 consecutive days renders the students liable to have his name struck off the roles. Readmission may be granted only on payment of a fresh admission fees.
- It is compulsory for the students to complete 80% of the attendance in the academic session to make them eligible to sit for final examination.
The percentage, however, could be relaxed on medical grounds.
Students who do not take their first semester and final semester examinations due to illness or some unforeseen mishap will be eligible for school badges/ blazers at the discretion of the principal. However he/ she will not be eligible for any proficiency award.